Showing all 1 result
The Miltonduff distillery lies in the Glen of Pluscarden, whose barley rich pastures once played host to as many as fifty illicit stills during the 1800s. The site was once the meal mill of Pluscarden Abbey. The Benedictine Priory of Pluscarden was founded in 1236 and had been closed for some time, until 1948 when it was reopened. The Miltonduff whisky distillery was founded by Robert Bain and Andrew Peary in 1824, shortly after the Excise Act was passed.